Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Perfect Squint- How to See.

http://paintingperceptions.com/point-of-view/the-perfect-squint-the-teaching-legacy-of-edwin-dickinson-video-lecture-by-john-leavey

I just watched this excellent video tutorial- it is not how to paint realistically- but how to see.

Photography has already taken care of copying from nature exactly- so John Leavey- while not leaving realism behind, gets you to release your grip and fear of really painting. I am going to get a few canvasses and do this myself.

I found this over at Painting Perceptions- it is an online journal of contemporary,( I hate to say realism, or classic revivalism- I like neither) painting that is more dedicated to aesthetics and good painting practices.

It used to be free, but it is now a subscription, well worth it- you may be able to get this link.

No comments: